Smart Splitter Wood and Log Splitter - Complete with 5 Year WarrantyThis product is now updated - click here to see the new version.
LOGOSOL - the new name for Smart Splitter. Just the same as before, but now even better! Click here to see the new version
Smart-Splitter is the new efficient axe that can be used by everyone in the family. It is made with the security in mind when you split and split logs. Smart-Splitter is a Swedish patented invention that breaks a long tradition. The Smart-Splitter has, at last, made manual log splitting not only fun, but also easy, safe and ergonomic.
The Smart-Splitter is safe for everyone to use. It saves your back and shoulders - it is actually a tool that gives you exercise! Unlike a traditional axe, the Smart-Splitter always hits the log in the right place with a force of up to 14 tons at the edge. This device is economical and it really is built to last with no maintenance. It is convenient, takes up little space and is easy to assemble and store. Environmentally friendly, Smart-Splitter uses no other energy than the one that gives you a good exercise. Click the link below the "Sweden" logo to view a video of the Smart Splitter in action.
1. Use a 20mm drill and make a 12 cm deep hole 8 cm from the edge of your splitting base (typically a large heavy slice of tree stump). The drill bit required is INCLUDED in the pack !
2. Install the rod tightly into the hole in the base. Insert the plastic washer and the side grip. Tighten the bolt with a wrench so it is securely fastened in the splitting wedge.
3. Lift the handle and place the log you wish to cut, carefully under the splitting wedge. The recommended height of the logs are up to 40 to 55 cm (15.74 to
21.65 in.) long.
4. Lift the striking weight with both hands and drop it slightly on the splitting wedge. This is to secure the log between the cutting edge and the base.
5. Lift the striking weight to the top with both hands. Throw it down towards the splitting wedge making sure you let it go before it actually hits the wedge. You may repeat the action twice or a number of times depending on the size and type of log as well as the speed you apply. To cut longer logs, of up to about 80 cm (31.5 in.), just turn the side grip 180 degrees and place the log on the floor instead of on the base.
6. To cut kindling, place the wood firmly under the splinting edge, lift the striking weight with both hands and throw it down, making sure to let it go before it actually hits the wedge.
Bunny Guinness "truly brilliant"
"One device which definitely is fit for purpose and which would make a great present for the practical man (or woman) has to be the Smart-Splitter. It is a device that allows you to split tough logs and cut kindling almost effortlessly and in great safety. Developed in Sweden, where axe fatalities are frequent, it is truly brilliant."
Bunny Guinness is a Chartered Landscape Architect, journalist and radio personality who is a regular panelist on the long running BBC Radio 4 programme, Gardener's Question Time. She also writes a weekly column in the Sunday Telegraph.
Smart-Splitter Log Splitter Features:
* Easy to use
* Safe to use
* Ergonomic design
* Effective performance
* Convenient to store
* Economical to use
* Environmentally friendly
Smart-Splitter Log Splitter Technical Spec:
* Max length of wood: 55 cm
* Recommended length of wood: 40 cm
* Max thickness of wood: No limit
* Striking weight: 3,5 kg
* Package includes drill bit
* Package includes large spanner
* Total weight: 9,0 kg
* Box Dimensions 118cm x 17cm x 7cm
* 5 Year Warranty
Barcode / EAN: 07330562000013
Smart Splitter Wood and Log Splitter has a 5 Year Warranty
Smart Splitter Wood and Log Splitter has an exclusive Mower Magic 5-Year Warranty, supplied to you free of charge. To read more about this exclusive warranty, please click here.
Product Type: Log Splitter, Sub Type: Manual, Power: Manual